Now, let’s talk about whether you need to use plain text format or HTML format in your emails. There are various advantages and disadvantages in both formats, so you have to pick your choice based on various things, such as demographics, niche selection, type of newsletter, and so on.
All in all, whether you choose text or HTML emails, you will not likely get any big difference in your conversion rate, as long as you word your emails correctly, focusing on maintaining your audience’s interests to keep a good CTR in your emails.
Let’s highlight some advantages and disadvantages of plain text emails.
Advantages of plain text emails:
• They look simple.
• They are easy to read.
• Good for personalized emails.
Disadvantages of plain text emails:
• Since spammers usually prefer this format, text emails usually go to the junk folder.
• They look like regular promotional emails.
To balance things out, let’s take a look at some advantages and disadvantages of HTML emails.
Advantages of HTML emails:
• Good aesthetics.
• It makes your emails look professional.
• Suitable for newsletter-type emails.
Disadvantages of HTML emails:
• Difficult to read on mobile devices if the design is not responsive.
• Difficult to create if you don’t know HTML.
Now that you know about some advantages and disadvantages of both formats, it’s time for you to choose whether to use text or HTML emails in your list building campaign.
Please note that it is always better for you to stick with one format once you’ve picked it since most subscribers will feel uncomfortable receiving your emails if you keep changing the format of your emails.